![]() |
A
friend asked me once,
WHAT
WOULD BE THE TITLE OF THE BOOK WRITTEN ON YOU?
I
was caught off-guard; the question hit hard in places I was most sensitive.
Glued to the question, helplessly hovering over the immediate answer and trying
to justify the answer. The choices of a wisely stupid child scrolled and began
piercing and left me utterly mute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
School
had just whistled the last bell. It started raining. Long had it been since I
was alone with the rain, sky, and puddles, all at once. Following the lead
of the English teacher, everyone started to leave. In mere minutes the class
was left alone. Ensured they had left me to myself, I slid out my diary. Ears
stuck outside, fearful of unforeseen visits, forthwith I started writing
whatever came to my mind,
This, that every drop of rain,
please make me pure, take away the
pain,
If I am blinded by hate, I can't see
anymore,
please flood my home at once, take me
ashore,
tick tock ticking, I am a time bomb,
ugly to all and all, yet ugly to none,
rain of today, making puddles on the
road,
with whom I shall walk, scribing
another episode,
episodes of hopes, episodes of dreams,
of the grown me of tomorrow, beautiful
it seems,
tomorrow when I will write my own book
my ugly yesterday exists, for behind,
I will look
they who see me for who I am and my
nows
they will know the past, will know the
hows
when the title they see shakes up
their vision,
I will surprise them, not my book I
shall mention,
I
re-read the poem, corrected some forms, rhymed some words, and tore the page.
I left the class with the torn page in my pocket. A forgotten umbrella was
smiling outside. Hands behind the back, beneath the bag, a journey began.
Puddles, rains all as anticipated. And the proof of my aspiring loneliness
surrounding me and mine. All leg to leg, shouldering one another, started to
walk alone.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The
question "WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE OF THE BOOK WRITTEN ON YOU?" took
me to the poem's title, "A prologue; My book". Holding myself through
the windows of today onto the meadows of yesterday. Yesterday, when I demanded
loneliness. Today, upon this permafrost I stand upon, lost and all lost, I saw
how negligible apathy I had for my past. How run-down from disbelief I had
become. A warm hug to my yesterday, I mourned for. Two negatives, me now, me
yesterday, superimposed into positivity for the future. That day, through
aching emotions, I concluded, I must stand afloat; I stand afloat and
optimistic. When my life proves to be aspirational, I shall have a book on me
entitled "Ugly-Not an autobiography." Two negatives aligning to be positive.

0 Comments