The Gaze

 


Under different circumstances, I would have approached her. From the myriad of things that make her as pretty as a dew beneath the sunlight, I would have pointed out a couple. The way our gazes are interlocked, her eyes are glistening with beautiful pain, and the way the freckles on her face pulsate watching me make me want to fall for her. I wish I had met her sooner. The shackles of today do not allow me to stop her and talk to her. These dull ticks of time restrain my heart from sharing my feelings; it holds me back from sharing the dilemma that troubles me. If the dice had unfolded in any other manner, we would have talked about the questions of why.

I never hoped that even a glimpse of someone could stir these many emotions throughout my senses. There she lies, on the window, careless before our eyes met, and now troubled with departing gazes, watching me go about the life of mine. I feel like she understands me and my innards. I feel like she wants to hold me like I want to hold her. I feel like she has stories she wants to unravel with me. She has songs for me to hear and friends for me to meet. Like me, I feel like she also does not want to let go.

The air rippling through my body tends to make me want to close my eyes and feel her, touching my senses. It lures me to shut my eyes, transform into a feather and lose myself with all my awareness, but I cannot. Her gaze makes me want to grip her body and move along. I desire her senses to blend with mine, and I want her to take me away; away from this world, from these feelings to a new world brimming with our togetherness, where our existence is besmeared, and we are drenched in everlasting love. Yes, she makes me want to fall in love again. She makes me want to live again. With her beside me, I believe I can heal every heartbreak and sail through all the problems of life to the land of "Happily Ever After." With her time-numbing gaze, this girl makes me regret my decision. She makes me want to turn back time and set afoot on that roof again. She makes me want to go back home. The beautiful eyes of this beautiful girl make me unhappy for jumping off.

Post a Comment

0 Comments